About Our Firm
Gudorf Law Group provides estate and elder law planning, tax preparation and wealth management services to clients in the Dayton area and throughout central western Ohio. Our firm helps individuals, families and businesses create customized plans to manage and protect wealth in order to secure their financial future for themselves and their loved ones.
We employ a team of highly-skilled attorneys, paralegals and tax professionals to meet the broad spectrum of client needs. The firm is headed by Ted Gudorf, one of the first attorneys to be board certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law. The law firm is the recipient of the prestigious AV rating from Martindale Hubbell.
About the Position
The marketing manager will oversee, evaluate, and address the marketing needs of Gudorf Law Group. The marketing manager position involves connecting the firm with the public and allied professionals by educating them about these services and serving as an ambassador for the firm in the community. Therefore, the position requires significant networking with others in the estate planning, nursing home, insurance, tax and financial planning fields, as well as local foundations and nonprofit organizations.
Because the position centers around communication with a wide variety of professionals, clients, and referral sources, the marketing manager will spend a significant amount of time on professional and technical writing. This will include preparation of materials for direct mail promotions, seminars, presentations, speaking engagements, blog posts, correspondence, press releases, and articles for print publication.
Tasks will include:
- Implementing a marketing plan, including coordinating and scheduling networking opportunities for attorneys and paralegals, including seeking out opportunities to connect with underserved demographics in the Dayton area;
- Developing a local media campaign to increase awareness of Gudorf Law Group and their services;
- Implementing and maintaining social media marketing including an active blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn account;
- Coordinating, scheduling, and staffing speaking engagements and large dinner seminars and preparing written materials for those events;
- Blogging and writing technical articles geared to both professionals and consumers;
- Coordinating small dinner meetings with prospective clients of the firm;
- Coordinating annual client appreciation events;
- Overseeing preparation and timely distribution of regular e-mail newsletters, including developing and maintaining a mailing list database;
- Maintaining a database of existing clients, referrals, and media contacts, as well as developing and establishing new contacts;
- Coordinating opportunities for attorneys to participate as speakers and moderators at continuing legal education events, and cultivating publishing opportunities; and
- Coordinating direct mailings to other firms which may refer clients, including initiating an extensive "lawyer to lawyer" marketing campaign.
This position offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. The firm is willing to invest in a candidate who demonstrates commitment to his or her work and to the company.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing and/or communications or related field
- Two to five years marketing experience, preferably working for a closely-held firm or with an agency
- Professional social media marketing experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including significant technical writing experience
- Strong work ethic, including willingness to regularly work some evening and weekend hours
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for making new contacts and connections
The ideal candidate for this position will be hardworking, proactive and professional, an outgoing team player with a positive attitude who enjoys and seeks out community involvement. Strong writing skills are essential for this position.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of office manager Edwin Nyberg at:
Gudorf Law Group, LLC
8153 N. Main St.,
Dayton, OH 45415
or via e-mail at admin@GudorfLaw.com.
Gudorf Law Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.