Ted Gudorf, J.D., LL.M.
Direct Dial: 937-898-5583,0
Ted Gudorf, J.D., LL.M. is the founder and managing attorney of Gudorf Law Group, LLC, which was established in 1992. With over 35 years of legal experience, Ted concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, elder law, and related matters.
Throughout his career, Ted has demonstrated a commitment to professional development so that he can offer his clients the most knowledgeable guidance. He was the first attorney in the State of Ohio to obtain a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in estate planning and elder law. He was also one the first attorneys to be board certified by the Ohio State Bar Association in estate planning, trust, and probate law. Fewer than two hundred attorneys in Ohio have achieved this status.
Ted's accomplishments have been recognized by the legal community. In 2012, Ted received a Martindale Hubbell® AV Preeminent rating. Only the top 5% of attorneys nationwide receive this honor, which is based on ratings from other attorneys who have knowledge of a recipient's abilities, experience, and ethics. He has also been selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers since 2010. Colleagues describe Ted as "an exceptionally skilled lawyer" with "superior analytical, communication, and advocacy skills." Because of his experience and reputation, Ted is a sought-after speaker on estate planning and related topics. He has made hundreds of presentations throughout Ohio and the United States and has co-authored several publications and numerous articles on estate planning and asset protection.
When not practicing law, Ted is active in the Dayton community, where he has been a longtime resident. He is a founding trustee of the Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers Project and previously served as the first mayor of the city of Clayton, Ohio.
- Estate Planning
- Farm Business and Estate Planning
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Elder Care and Medicaid Planning
- Tax Planning
- Asset Protection
- Veterans' Benefits
Admissions to Practice
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Western New England University School of Law, LL.M.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D.
- Wright State University, B.A. with honors
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Ohio Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys (OFEPA)
- Dayton Bar Association Foundation - Foundation Fellow
- Ohio Legacy Trusts 101, Ohio Lawyer (November/December 2015)
- For Ohio Doctors: Shedding Light On Asset Protection, Tax and Estate Planning (2010)
- Estate Planning Strategies: Collective Wisdom, Proven Techniques
- Chapter 73: Domestic Asset Protection Trusts (WealthCounsel 2022)
- The Estate Planning Guide, Co-Author (2020)
- When A Loved One Dies: A Legal Guide, Co-Author (2021)